We cannot avoid wrinkles they will happen with a mature skin! That is the reality, we have to accept.
However, there are certain factors that impact our skin, these can be internal such as age and genetics that we have no control of. Then there are external factors such as smoking, sun exposure, excess alcohol and pollution we can control.
Wrinkles can be fine lines, character lines or laughter lines, they sound so much better than wrinkles. A great skincare regime will smooth their appearance or prevent them from forming in the first place.
It’s never too early to start using an anti-wrinkle cream.
Using the right skincare products for mature skin
The most important step is to find the cleansers, moisturizers, and a skin care routine formulated for a mature skin no matter what your skin type.
If you are blessed with an oily skin, you have complained when you were younger about the breakouts you would fight particularly on that special occasion, consider yourself lucky. An oily skin tends to develop fewer wrinkles and does not age as quickly. A blessing for that mature skin.
A sensitive skin faces different problems that can result in breakouts, redness and discomfort. Always test your products on your neck or arms before you use them. As we age sometimes that favourite product can react, so watch for any changes in your skin.
Our skin is the largest external organ in our body as we age our skin suffers a slowdown in oil production and cell turnover, especially after menopause. As a result, you may notice the older you get, the drier your skin becomes.
Here are some tips to keep your face from drying out:
- Don’t use hot water. This only strips your skin of oils. Instead, use lukewarm water.
- Use our Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser 200ml morning and night. A mature skin can become dull and lifeless, to start use our Ultra Exfoliating Cleanser 50 ml to give it an invigorating start. Use this for a week then change to our Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser.
- Moisturizing creams will help lock moisture in. Always apply at night and in the morning under your makeup. Our Illustris Intensive Night Cream is rich in active ingredients perfect for the mature skin containing Hyaluronic Acid which effectively plumps the skin and helps skin absorb and retain moisture. I can also use our Night Cream during the day.
- Exfoliate on a weekly basis. If you have dry skin, you are likely to have flaky skin, so you should use ajELESS Exfoliant once or twice a week. Exfoliation is a must as we age as the outer layer is a roof of dead skin, and it thickens as you age, so you need to exfoliate to see more of the fresher skin.
- Follow with Bulgarian Rose Toner a revitalizing and tingling toner to tighten pores and restore radiance.
- Finally don’t forget your ajELESS Eye Serum this is so important morning and night.